Friday, August 7, 2009

Caribana 2009!!!



I can honestly say, new experiences can be great for reinvigorating the spirit. "The Tour" took a trip north of the border last week, and while it is way off most people's radar, Toronto (aka Tdot) is one of the dopest cities in the western hemisphere. Last week, we hit up the big city for the biggest Caribbean festival/celebration/one love/lada mercie in North America. Closest thing to it; The Brooklyn Day Parade on Labor Day.

Every crew from the Carib came through to represent, with the exception Haiti, which I found a little odd. However, after talking with the ONE Haitian cat I met out that way, I realized Haiti crew was mainly in Montreal. You know, the whole French thing?

The Parade took place on Saturday Aug. 1. Hard to describe, other than the fact that everything was peace. As a Guyanese bredren told me out on the street; "Its all ONE LOVE!". My sentiments exactly.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

link to mba online programs
mba programs