Friday, September 11, 2009

We are Water

I'm pretty sure its easy for everyone to become mesmerized by the movements of those who perform capoeira. I mean if you didn't then you're probably either dead, or on the verge of death. My boy Maf posted this on his fb page and I had to speak on it. The representation in this video named, Mestre Suassuna's Miudinho Gamejust bleeds of the beauty of Afro-Latin culture. A culture that most African-Americans have no conception of, nor care for. The rhythms, the dance, and the music, all come together like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a tall glass of purple stuff Kool Aid. The dancers feed off of the people clapping/singing, the music, and each other. You can watch how each of the dances gets more intense with each passing second. Beauty is found in so many places. These dudes look like a living human incarnation of water. The funny thing is, a lot of people have no idea this beauty exists. I suppose it will expose itself to them in due time no? Only time will tell I suppose. Enjoy.

1 comment:

link to mba online programs
mba programs